We all know the old evil-eye stress and what it can do to us.
Let’s explore it a bit more from a medical aspect.
What is stress?
Some scientists define stress as any force that impairs the stability of the organism and causes the system to respond in order to re‐establish homoeostasis. Anything that creates dis-harmony, change brought about that you have to adapt to can create and perpetuate stress!
Stress is a conscious or unconscious psychological feeling or physical situation which overwhelms the adaptive capacities of an organism as it exceeds the available coping resources of the individual to quote Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress-related_disorders
Common stressors in our fast pace challenging society:
- Loss – death, divorce, separation, break-ups, jobs, relationships, property.
- Conflict – with self and others
- Physical – acute/chronic in self or loved ones, trauma, illness, injury, pain, sleep deprivation, pregnancy
- Substance abuse including smoking, alcohol, overeating, caffeine, sugar, hallucinogens and medication –intoxication, side-effects & withdrawal symptoms.
- Overwhelm of taking on too many obligations
- Emotional – attachments, expectations, negativity, apathy, self-worth issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anything and everything that brings about CHANGE!
Effects of stress:
75-90% of visits to doctor’s offices are related to stress
It is no secret that stress is detrimental to our health. This includes physical, emotional, mental as well as spiritual manifestations.
- PHYSICAL – The physical effects of stress have been associated with the exacerbation of a large number of health problems including cardiovascular disease, anything from angina, heart attacks, hypertension, substance abuse disorders, heartburn, migraines, tension headaches, back pain, insomnia, peptic ulcer disease, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, autoimmune disorders, immune suppression, impaired memory, depression, infertility, asthma, impaired concentration and reduced healing after surgery.
Physical symptoms and signs of Stress:
- racing heart, palpitations
- dizziness & lightheadedness
- rapid, shallow breathing & hyperventilation
- sweating, flushing
- muscle tension
- numbness & tingling in hands, feet and lips
- jaw clenching
- headaches, migraine
- back ache, neck ache
2. EMOTIONAL – Manifestations of the Negative Ego including negative thoughts, negative self-talk, depression, lack of motivation, diminished pleasure of life, sex, excitement and passion. Sexual performance disturbances and lack of libido.
Negative(“unpleasant”) emotions include:
3. MENTAL – affecting the mind & mental health. Our thoughts are important in our state of mind and can in themselves cause stress. Thoughts of fearfulness, anger, grudging, planning, memories, fantasies, self‐ identity can all trigger and perpetuate stress.
- having unrealistic expectations for yourself
- having unrealistic expectations for others
- being overly sensitive to criticism, being perfectionistic
- being pessimistic
- lacking self‐ contentment
- lack of self-worth
- lack of self-love
- low self-image
- judgments of self and others
- lack of awareness
- psychiatric illness
- anxiety and panic attacks
4. SPIRITUAL – loss of connection with Spirit, Soul resulting in alienation, loneliness, abandonment, a feeling of disconnect. It can also lead to a fanaticism and a break with reality.
- Lack of commitment
- Loss of values
- Change of beliefs
- Loss of sense of meaning/purpose
Read more clinical data if you wish https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2568977/
The solution for dealing with stress:
Now we all know about the bucket full of medicines that can be used to treat all these symptoms and most of the therapies have even more side effects that one has to combat over and above all the symptoms described above.
If you have taken these meds you will know about the dry mouth, insomnia, fatigue, brain fog, memory loss and erectile dysfunction to describe a few of these undesirable effects.
Let’s look at some healthy and empowering ways to deal with the green eyed monster called stress.
We all have a slightly different stress response due to our genetic make-up.
First principle to REMEMBER is you are NOT a victim!
You are responsible for your own emotions and behaviors!
Your harmful emotions and unhealthy behaviors are a product of your limiting thoughts.
Take back your power and start managing your life and change your reality. Empower Thyself visit http://www.liminalucem.co.za/initiation/
You can learn more realistic views with practice and allow these new beliefs to become a part of you.
You’ll experience a deeper acceptance of yourself and an improved quality of life.
You are an eternal being – you are more than just the physical body!
Treat the mind, body and spirit for maximum benefit.
A list of relaxation skills that you can use to combat stress:
Assertiveness of Self by using:
- Self‐hypnosis & hypnotherapy
- Positive Affirmations
- Improved Posture – yoga, tai chi, pilates
- Fitness and exercise
- Breathing techniques
- Make new empowered choices and change the outcome
- Do something you have never done before
Meditation by utilizing:
- Hobbies – gardening, pets, pottery, sculpting, scrapbooking etc.
- Play, baby sitting, pet sitting
- Share a talent with others – craft, voice, dance, cooking
- Share your love with communities in need
- Nutrition – organic
- Hydration – room temperature water, herbal tea, green tea
- Massages, facials
- Detox and holistic reconfiguration – ask me about the benefits or read more on my website
- Take time out – a holiday, a midweek or weekend break
- Take a long relaxing, unwinding bath
- Disconnect – turn off the cellphone, television, computer, unplug the phone/doorbell
Simplify your life:
- Prioritize your to-do list – let go of those things that doesn’t serve you any longer
- Declutter – get rid of those things taking up space in your environment and energy structure.
- Forgive yourself and others and lighten your load – start the self-healing process in your being
- Free your life force and focus on those activities that can bring your passion back
- Delegate – get someone to do the chores you don’t have to attend to personally and that can free up your time
- Ask for help and be willing to receive it
- Free your life force and focus on those activities that brings your passion back – do something that you haven’t done for a long time and always desired.
- Know Thyself: the first step on the path of spiritual progression
- learn more about the path of progression http://www.liminalucem.co.za/modern-mystery-school/
- Awaken to the gifts of your soul
- Empower yourself with new knowledge and tools to realize your life purpose
- Step through the doorway of new & empowering habits, knowledge & behaviors if you are ready to embody your true self.
- Your worth as a person is determined by your Divine birthright and not what you achieve or produce or own!
- Reclaim your dormant gifts and true potential
- Have your DNA activated
- If you want to do miraculous things you must change – you can’t achieve new outcomes unless you make different choices
- Liberate yourself with new behaviors, beliefs and patterns
- Our future as the human race depends on our ability to adapt – let’s create a new world – Shamballah, a world filled with hope!
Feel free to ask me how if you are ready to make different choices to ensure a different outcome for your life! Contact us today!
DR RITA VAN DEN BERG MB ChB US
Dr. Rita is a quantum doctor that has dedicated her life in finding the modalities that can truly empower people to find their innate power.
She is a certified Healer, Teacher and Guide in the lineage of King Salomon and travels extensively to teach humans how to embody their Divinity. She continues to study hermetic and metaphysical concepts to find new ways to improve well-being of the mind, body and soul. She is an International Instructor in the Modern Mystery School and Founder of Limina Lucem Centre of Excellence. She passionately believes that optimum health comes from aligning the mind & body with Spirit. For more information about the school of advance spiritual training go to www.liminalucem.co.za or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org