How many of you have asked yourself the question “Is this all there is to this existence?” “There must be more to life than this?”
The Motto in the Modern Mystery School is “Know Thyself”, and there is an ancient system known as the Universal Hermetic Ray Kabbalah that allows us to learn more about ourselves and in so doing come into a deeper connection with our Life’s purpose. In other words, those questions you might have been asking yourself are often answered.
One of the ways in which we might get a better picture of what we want out of life and what drives or motivates us , is to create a vision board and ask ourselves some of these very questions. A similar techniques is used in the Kabbalah journey, where we set goals and visions to improve and become more aware of living life alive and consciously.
A Vision Board is a collection of images representing the life you dream of and helping you to manifest this goal. It is designed to open your mind to the endless possibilities of your imagination and to awaken you to creating exactly what you want. Here are some suggestions about how to go about this Vision Board:
- Time: set aside some time to write down what you want from life. After you have asked yourself some questions. Meditate on some ideas and ask many questions to get the ball rolling and then write in no particular order all your ideas/dreams.
- Questions: Ask yourself what you would like to be. What you would like to do and what you want to have in your life, or from your life. Think about where you would like to be in 1 years’ time, 5 years’ time, Would you like to learn something new; improve on something that you feel you are lacking in; change some aspects of your nature? What would make life worth living and what would you regard as a great life?
- Expand : Elaborate on your ideas. Give it some context and detail, the more the better.
4. Categorise: You could divide your ideas, dreams , desires, wishes into several categories and make one or more boards depending on how detailed you wish to go. General details
- Travel and adventure
- Health – physical, mental
- Relationships – family, friends, children
Imagination is your best skill so use it and go BIG. There is no limit to your vision.
Find images that correspond to your ideas/dreams/visions using magazines from every and any sources. You would be surprised as to what you can find when you are focusing in on your best ideas. The internet is a good source, photos and even drawings. Clippings and stock phrases , inspirational words, you name it , anything goes. If you are elaborating on your ideas remember to put a positive spin on it. And be mindful of your use of words (they are powerful). For example, “I want to lose weight” or “I choose to love and take care of my body and feed it only healthy options”
So now you have some plans and ideas to put together. Once again the choices are endless and here are a few suggestions. You can generate a computer vision board or select a poster and paste your images in a meaningful order. Maybe start with a picture of yourself in the middle? If no poster board is available then how about taping some A4 pages together or using a cork board or even a pizza box.
Use colour and make it vibrant and alive.
You can even divide your categories into squares or slices as in a pizza.
It is time to assemble your vision. This board can provide you with a tangible point of focus and is a great tool for assisting you in bringing your ideas into reality. Take your time and contemplate what you are putting together, being mindful of your thoughts and words because they create your reality.
Place your masterpiece in a position that you can see on a daily basis and focus on the images. Allow yourself to create plans around your images and take action to make it come alive.
So are you ready to take control of your best Life? Then get creative.
Brenda Stevens is a Healer, 2nd step Ritual Master and Kabbalist in the Modern Mystery School.
Brenda discovered the Modern Mystery School at a time in her life when she felt stuck and knew that something needed to shift. She received a Life Activation and experienced incredible positive changes in her life,
With 20 years of experience in teaching children and facilitating courses in schools through Family Life, Brenda offers meditation not only for adults but also focuses on bringing meditation and mindfulness to the younger generation to provide them with coping skills for life, which also reduce anxiety and stress. She also hosts MINI Me Yoga, a simple 15 minute yoga and mindfulness program for children.
Brenda can be contacted by email: email@example.com